General Patent Questions
We have tried to answer many of the most common general patent questions that we receive. Hopefully this helps answer some questions for you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions or would like to speak with David Oppenhuizen.
- What is a patent?
- What can I patent?
- Can I tell others about my invention before I file a patent application?
- I haven’t filed a patent application yet, what deadlines should I be aware of?
- What does it mean to be a “small entity” or a “micro entity”?
- I am interested in buying or licensing someone else’s patent, can you help me determine the value in that patent?
- What is the difference between a utility patent and a design patent?
- Can I protect my invention with both a utility patent and a design patent?
- What is a patent application publication?
- Can I patent an old product that I what to bring back to the marketplace?
- Can someone patent my invention before me?
Oppenhuizen Law PLC
146 Monroe Center St. NW
McKay Tower, Ste. 730
Grand Rapids, MI 49503